Welcome to The White Swan
The White Swan is a large friendly and relaxed public house, boasting excellent quality, value for money food from our extensive menu. Our enthusiastic staff are ready to welcome you to the pleasant surroundings and make your stay an enjoyable one.
With three dining areas situated around the grand central Oak Bar:-
- The choice of plush furnishings and crisp white linen of the ‘Dining Room’ (bookings required)
- The large ‘Lounge Area’ presents a softly furnished area with plump carpet underfoot creating a sense of cosiness which compliments the oak beams and obscure vintage artifacts that hang incongruously around.
- The ‘Local Bar’ offers an informal drinking and eating area with an open fire.
We are located in beautiful surroundings and are only a stones throw away from the outstanding Ampleforth Abbey.
We are open 7 days a week, serving food 12 – 2:00pm Mon – Sat (2.30 Sun), 5.30 – 8.30pm Mon – Thurs, 6 – 9pm Friday, 5.30 – 9pm Saturday, 5 – 8pm Sunday (Times may vary. Please enquire). The bar is open all day Saturday and Sundays, Mon – Fri 12 – 3pm. Evenings Mon – Thurs 5.30 – 11pm, Fri 4 – 11pm. Call us on 01439 788239.
Dogs are welcome in the outside area and in the public bar.
We are now on summer food serving times.
Mon – Sat: 12 – 2pm (Sun 2.30)
Mon – Thurs: 5.30pm – 8.30pm
Friday: 6pm – 9pm
Saturday: 5.30pm – 9pm
Sunday: 5pm – 8.00pm
Times may vary. Please enquire
We are pleased and proud to have been presented with the Welcome to Yorkshire Award as Winner of Yorkshire’s Favourite Pub.
The White Swan Awards 🙂
- Won the Community Contribution from Ryedale Business Awards 2018
- Finalist for the Best Pub in the White Rose Awards 2018 not yet announced winner
- Finalist for the Best Pub Food in the Flavour of Herriot 2018 not yet announced winner
- Finalist in the York Hospitality Awards 2018 – Star Behind The Bar
- Won Yorkshire’s Favourite Pub – Welcome to Yorkshire/YorkshirePost 2017
- Welcome to Yorkshire White Rose Award – Finalist for Best Pub